Re: EntityModeler does not use EOModelGroup.defaultModelGroup() for SQL generation

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2007 - 17:24:37 EDT

    I don't recall all the details, but it was roughly that he said it
    was an error in your model if you claimed that one of the fields was
    supposed to be not-null but sometimes it IS null. However, I think
    we weren't clear on the exact problem when we were discussing it,
    because I believe this to be a bug in EOF also. It is better fixed
    in Wonder, but given that up until recently most SQL gen was done in
    EM rather than in Wonder itself, it at least makes sense in
    EOFSQLGenerator in EM. I'm sure someone with some free time could
    dredge up the original thread on this, but I think the wrong decision
    was made. Anyway, I'm "The Decider" for Entity Modeler :), so it
    will probably go back in. I just hadn't gotten around to it or it
    already would be back in. The bigger question is whether this should
    flow back up to Pierre and just be in WO proper.

    ms