Re: EntityModeler does not use EOModelGroup.defaultModelGroup() for SQL generation

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2007 - 17:34:31 EDT

    On Jun 27, 2007, at 2:28 PM, Guido Neitzer wrote:

    > On 27.06.2007, at 15:17, Chuck Hill wrote:
    >
    >> I think Anjo was wrong. This is an out and out bug in EOF WRT SQL
    >> generation for single table inheritance. Wonder fixes bugs in
    >> EOF. What did Anjo not like about it?
    >
    > That the behaviour of EntityModeler would be different from the
    > behaviour of the WebObjects SQL generation. I absolutely can't
    > follow that argument as about every Wonder application behaves
    > differently than a normal WebObjects application and this is a good
    > thing - fixing what is broken. And that thing IS broken in my opinion.

    Answering both you and Mike: Yes, it _is_ a bug in EOF. Yes, it
    should go back to Pierre. It has been broken since 4.01 IIRC. SQL
    generation for single table inheritance is just broken. Hmmmm, IIRC,
    it is also broken for the other ones too as it generates impossible
    FK constraints when a relationship references an entity that can be
    in one of several tables.

    Chuck