Setting up WO development on a PC

From: Lachlan Scott (lachlan.scot..unthered.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2007 - 18:37:40 EDT

    From my previous thread, Bill Michell at the Beeb has offered some help,
    and I'll be following his lead today - I've reposted his suggestions
    below.

    What would be a big help to me that more seasoned hands may know, is an
    explanation of what exactly I'm trying to achieve. Could people explain
    to me what components need to be where (at a high level)?

    For example, the WO frameworks are installed from the CD, and live in
    that installed directory. Eclipse knows about the WOLips plugins,
    because they're installed in the correct place for Eclipse, but how do
    they know about the WO frameworks, which are presumably still required
    and lying in a different directory altogether? Etc.

    I will be documenting the process for our developers, and can push it up
    to the Wiki for general use and input, in due course if that's
    considered useful.

    Many thanks

    Lachlan