Re: Finder flags

From: Jeremy Matthews (jeremymatthew..ac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2007 - 08:20:53 EDT

    Ric,

    Have clients with the same setup; no such issues....but we've
    modified home directory sync prefs a few times to combat such issues.

    For example, we do not filter our preferences, and we don't sync apps
    (for most clients), as app syncing can cause some "fun" issues.

    Occasionally, we have to split out folder (such as workspace in
    Eclipse) to a non-synced directory, and simple make sure its backed
    up properly or stored on a share served via AFP. For example, we have
    a client whose (coded) projects are all stored on the
    Xsan_RAID_Xserve environment. and served from a simple re-shared Xsan
    volume from AFP.

    Thanks,