Re: Finder flags [SOLVED]

From: Riccardo De Menna (demenn..dm-web.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2007 - 08:35:03 EDT

    Yes I've done my share of customization as well to the sync process
    that out of the box makes a total mess. Among the things it tries to
    do with apple's default installation, it tries to sync single emails
    in your ~/Library/Mail folder on the logout sync (if you enable it).
    Since every mail get's a non unique filename after a few sync and
    download from different client machines you get multiple copies of
    the same messages and others overwritten.
    I decided to totally avoid the Library folder. Application sync?
    Never dared that much... I'm a coward in nature :-)

    BTW... about the lock issue and the problems on the remote machine I
    found out you can force Eclipse NOT to use locking at all thus
    skipping the problem I had. I leave this on the list for future
    reference should anybody encounter the same problem.

    Just open your Eclipse->configuration->config.ini file and add
    osgi.locking=none somewhere... works fine now.

    Cheers,
    Ric