Re: pretty interesting

From: Q (qdola..mail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2007 - 06:20:55 EDT

    On 30/06/2007, at 4:17 AM, Ulrich Köster wrote:

    > Java 1.6 has scripting support. Someone remember webscript? I think
    > it's time for scriptable WOComponents. Does someone know a
    > scriptable language with full rapid turnaround mode. I.E a safe way
    > to add/fremove methods?

    Yes, the JSR-223 additions in Java 6 look interesting. Good for
    embedded debugging, and runtime pluggable code. The only real problem
    I see with using embedded scripting for rapid development is the lack
    of decent debugger support. Although that is likely to change with
    time now that scripting on the JVM is getting more acceptance.

    If you want rapid turnaround in a dynamic language, have a look here
    http://code.google.com/p/wogroovy/
    It's still a work in progress, there is no documentation, you will
    need to check it out of subversion and build it yourself. You will
    need to tweak your eclipse settings a little to get the rapid
    turnaround working right, email me offline if you need/want to help.
    You don't need Java 6, but you do need Java 1.5 for rapid turnaround
    to work. If it proves to be useful to enough people I might spend
    some more time on improving and documenting how you use it.

    --
    Seeya...Q

    Quinton Dolan - qdola..mail.com Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (GMT+10) Ph: +61 419 729 806