UTF-8 (BOM) of wod file crashes the App

From: Johan Henselmans (joha..etsense.nl)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 17:17:45 EDT

    I had some nasty NSUNICODESTRING problems with WOBuilder, so I
    decided to bite the bullet and migrate a project to Eclipse.

    Apart from strange errors that have to do with the fact that errors
    in one localized file appears to be coming from another localized file,
    I have one serious show stopper:

    IT seems that the runtime has problems interpreting wod files that
    are of the type UTF-8 (BOM).

    I somehow ended up with a few of these files, according to Eclipse3.3
    (WOLips 4141).

    wod files that say they are of this type are not grokked. I tried to
    load the offending file in SubEthaEdit, but add convert it to
    MacRoman and UTF-8, but that did not remove that pesky remark about
    some Byte Order.

    Does Anybody know how I can get rid of them?

    Regards,

    Johan Henselmans
    http://www.netsense.nl
    Tel: +31-20-6267538