Re: WOLips project using a custom framework

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2007 - 20:50:16 EDT

    On 03/07/2007, at 10:27 AM, David Avendasora wrote:

    > I got it to quit erroring, by putting the .java files in the
    > default package, instead of in the Components directory. Duh.

    Ahh. Yes, well that is because your Components directory (if you
    choose Project > Properties > Java Build Path > Source) is not
    defined as one of your source directories - and nor should it be.

    Java files go into any of your source directories (e.g., Source, Tests).

    They don't need to be in the default package, by the way. You can put
    them into my.apps.package.view or something. Then use
    pageWithName( MyCmponent.class.getName() );

    And in your wod files you'd need:
    SomeContent : my.apps.package.view.MyComponentName {
            <...>
    }

    It'd probably not too difficult to define a property per app/
    framework that defines a list of packages to search for components so
    that you didn't have to specify the full path in the wod files (and
    then overriding Application._componentDefinition*(...) or something)
    but that'll do for now.

    > The framework was never the issue.
    >
    > It is still kind of odd though to add the framework and see
    > the .jar, but not everything else. I guess Xcode only shows the
    > framework and not ANY of the contained files (.jar or otherwise) so
    > it is really just different, not wrong.

    Yes. It'd be nice if you could expand the framework and see its
    contents (as Xcode did) but you can also have the frameworks open at
    the same time in Eclipse (and instead of adding them to your
    WOFrameworks add them as project dependencies - which will result in
    the same build) and then you can jump directly to the source in your
    frameworks.

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck