Re: WOLips HTML validation won't go away

From: Alex Cone (ab..odefab.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2007 - 00:27:00 EDT

    many of the files don't have valid html - at least as I would write it:

    style="display:none; position: absolute;">
            <select size="10" id="<webobject name="SearchResultsID"></
    webobject>"></select>

            ...webobject tag missing 'name' attribute
            ...</select> occurred before </webobject>
            ...</div> occurred before </select>

    but it is the client's wo components and I just inherited the
    project. Additionally there indeed seems to be some actual bad HTML
    which I will have engineers clean up.

    On the up side, after several rounds of quitting Eclipse and
    removing .markers and .markers.snap files from the projects in
    question and restarting I was ultimately able to shut off the HTML
    validation.

    Now that I can isolate the compile errors in the java I will have the
    team remove the actual HTML errors and maybe we can get a fully clean
    build. Heck, I may even try to get the warnings fixed too :-) Some
    of the frameworks belong to other teams, but I'll start the good
    habits at home first.

    Thanks all!

    abc

    On Jul 2, 2007, at 8:25 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > Can you send me one of these components? My first thought is that
    > it actually is just invalid HTML, and I don't recall offhand if
    > it's possible to get amu other validation if it's structurally
    > invalid. I believe it depends on exactly how invalid it is, but I
    > can give you a better idea after seeing an example (if that's
    > possible).

    __alex cone
             ceo c o d e f a b inc
             ab..odefab.com
             212.465.8484 x101
             http://www.codefab.com

    If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space.