Help installing WebObjects on a PC still required

From: Lachlan Scott (lachlan.scot..unthered.com)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2007 - 18:36:27 EDT

    We have now set up a development environment with
    Eclipse/WOLips/WebObjects on one of our Macs at work (many thanks to
    those who helped out on the list :-)
    We've thereby learned a whole lot about the framework and how the
    components hang together, and are becoming increasingly confident; but
    it remains to duplicate this set-up for our PCs, and we still need some
    hand-holding to do this.

    We are able to try things out and experiment, of course, but currently
    lack the experience to understand clearly what we are *trying* to
    achieve here, notwithstanding the support so far received.

    Our most immediate issue is in trying to understand exactly which
    frameworks must be transferred from a Mac, having installed them there
    with the Developer Tools CD. An answer like 'copy the frameworks off the
    Mac and put them on the PC' isn't very helpful, unfortunately, because
    we don't yet understand which we need, or why.

    I'm looking for an answer like

    1.) copy all the files from your (something like)
    /Library/Frameworks/<directory path> directory on the Mac, and put them
    into a (something like) C:\Apple\<directory path> directory.

    2.) change the Path variable on the PC to C:\Apple\<directory path>

    3.) add the following additional variables
    WEBOBECTS_JAVA_EXTENSIONS=C:/Apple/<directory path>
    WEBOBECTS_JAVA_HOME=C:/Apple/<directory path>

    Etc.

    And I will personally send a genuine New Zealand chocolate fish to the
    first vaguely authoritative respondent, so please form an orderly queue!
    :-)

    Lachlan

    --
    Lachlan Scott