A Quick Word Regarding Development on Ubuntu

From: Jonathan Miller (johnnypuuno..ac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2007 - 20:29:29 EDT

    After a lot of head scratching and making my life a lot more
    difficult than it had to be, I have this little tidbit to offer.

    If doing WOLIPS development on Ubuntu utilize the Synaptic Package
    Manager to install Eclipse.

    I made the mistake of just trying to download Eclipse, which will
    take you down this SWT hell whenever you try to use the WebObjects/
    WOD editor.

    I'm still having problems trying to build a sample project? For some
    reason ant throws an unknown error related to the line

    webXML_CustomContent="${webXML_CustomContent}"

    Any ideas? (I tried giving a value of false to webXML_CustomContent
    is build.properties)

    Thanks

    Jon