Re: A Quick Word Regarding Development on Ubuntu

From: Anjo Krank (kran..ogicunited.com)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2007 - 03:08:52 EDT

    Am 06.07.2007 um 03:07 schrieb Chuck Hill:
    > On Jul 5, 2007, at 6:00 PM, Jonathan Miller wrote:
    >
    >> Yup, that's all it was. I'll give the SSDD build a shot tomorrow,
    >> if I find out anything I'll be sure to let you know.
    >>
    >> Beyond that the only thing that I can't do is use EOGenerator? I
    >> guess for that I'll just have to use a Mac. btw... what is
    >> EOGenerator? a perl script?
    >
    > Bridged Objective-C. We will need a pure Java version soon. My
    > "guess" is that a Java version will magically appear one of these
    > days. So don't spend time trying to recreate it yourself. :-)

    Sigh. A pure java version existed for YEARS now, google for
    eojenerator. IIRC, interest was rather limited, though. I copied a
    (untested) version here:

    http://www.edelman-newsroom.de/eojenerator.zip

    Someone can clean it up and make an Eclipse project out of it and
    I'll drop it in Wonder. I never used it, because it was pretty to
    start up slow compared to EOGenerator. Should be better now and it
    should be neat to use with ERXMainRunner.

    Cheers, Anjo