Re: Prototype values delayed in Entity Modeler

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2007 - 19:27:24 EDT

    Ugh I never even considered that you'd be mucking with prototypes
    live in EM while trying to use them in the same model. I cache those
    at model load, which would explain what Chuck is seeing. However, it
    has nothing to do w/ EOF, because I don't use EOF for almost anything
    (rather EM has its own implementation of the EOF model API's). But
    that's a good guess ... I've also never really tested changing
    prototypes where you have different attributes in different sets of
    prototypes. This seems a little strange to me, but should not really
    be WRONG (just suspicious). Any time this scenario has occurred in
    Wonder it's because of a Wonder bug (i.e. MySQL doesn't have a
    prototype that FrontBase has, or whatever).

    ms