Re: Eclipse and Wonder Source

From: Kieran Kelleher (kieran_list..ac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2007 - 17:42:25 EDT

    Wonder/WOLips people probably have some nifty custom ant build files,
    but it is not usual to see them shared here probably because they are
    customized for the projects they are working on. Ant is fine and I
    have learned enough to read and edit existing ant scripts, but I
    already have some bash stuff for our own deployments etc and it is
    good enough...... time is money.

    I have a bunch of frameworks of my own that are embedded and a few
    Project Wonder are embedded.

    PW has its own "build everything" build file which is convenient for
    that.

    I have one script that just calls the few commands to build/install
    wonder.
    I have another script that builds/installs all of my frameworks form
    the workspace.

    I call those two scripts from my project build script so that the
    versions of everything I am working with in the workspace is the same
    as the embedded ones taken from /Library/Frameworks

    To build WO projects with ant in a bash script, just refer to the
    woproject.jar like this for example:

    WOPROJECT_LIB="/Users/kieran/WonderLatest/Wonder/Build/lib/
    woproject.jar"
    ECLIPSE_WORKSPACE="/Users/kieran/DevProjects/eclipseworkspace/"
    FRAMEWORKS_DIR="/Library/Frameworks/"

    ################## WKEmailData #########################
    PROJECT_NAME="WKEmailData"
    if [ -d $FRAMEWORKS_DIR$PROJECT_NAME.framework ]; then
            echo deleting old $PROJECT_NAME
            rm -r $FRAMEWORKS_DIR$PROJECT_NAME.framework
    fi
    echo installing new version of $PROJECT_NAME
    cd $ECLIPSE_WORKSPACE$PROJECT_NAME/
    echo "ant -lib $WOPROJECT_LIB clean install"
    ant -lib $WOPROJECT_LIB clean install
    ## Totally loose local dev machine permissions. Final perms set on
    deployed bundles.
    chmod -R 777 $FRAMEWORKS_DIR$PROJECT_NAME.framework:

    HTH, Kieran