Re: Eclipse 3.2.2, WOLips 2.0.0.4118 and SybasePlugin not generating primary key

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 17:26:12 EDT

    Cross posting to WOLips as this is where this topic belongs.

    On Jul 17, 2007, at 2:09 PM, Jerry Haynes wrote:

    > I never figured out the issue with Eclipse 3.2.2 and WOLips
    > 2.0.0.4118 but downgrading worked.
    >
    > I installed a second copy of Eclipse 3.2.2 with WOLips 2.0.0.3702.
    > I chose this version randomly. I had no issues with my project with
    > this setup. Records were successfully created.
    >
    > Because my original installation of Eclipse contains other plug-
    > ins, I installed a third version of Eclipse 3.2.2 with WOLips
    > 2.0.0.4118. The problem re-appeared.
    >
    > Nothing else changed on my computer except the version of WOLips.
    > This will teach me to stop updating when nothing was broken in the
    > first place.
    >
    > Any new ideas would be appreciated.

    None of the WOLips or Eclipse code runs in the JVM when your app runs
    so I don't see how this can be causing the problem.

    Are you relying on the connection dictionary in the model or setting
    it dynamically at runtime?

    Chuck

    > On Jul 16, 2007, at 5:37 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:
    >
    >> Did you forget to set the plugin class in the model connection
    >> dictionary?
    >>
    >> Chuck
    >>

    >> On Jul 16, 2007, at 2:32 PM, Jerry Haynes wrote:
    >>
    >>> I think my problem began when I updated WOLips to 2.0.0.4118 but
    >>> I'm not exactly sure. I'm getting the error below while creating
    >>> a new record in a Sybase database. I've tried starting up the
    >>> project in java 1.4 and 1.5 but the problem persists.
    >>>
    >>> I've used the the SybasePlugin.java (or one similar to the one in
    >>> the link below) for several years but my project doesn't seem to
    >>> be using it anymore. I threw some logging into the newPrimaryKeys
    >>> method but I never see the output.
    >>>
    >>> Is this a Eclipse/WOLips newbie problem?
    >>>
    >>> SybasePlugIn
    >>> <http://docjar.org/html/api/org/objectstyle/woproject/util/
    >>> SybasePlugIn.java.html>
    >>>
    >>> The SybasePlugIn is supposed to use eo_sequence_table instead of
    >>> EO_PK_TABLE. I do have a EoPkForTable stored procedure in my model.
    >>>

    >>> [2007-07-16 17:02:25 EDT] <Thread-1> evaluateExpression:
    >>> <com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.SybasePlugIn$SybaseExpression:
    >>> "UPDATE EO_PK_TABLE SET PK = PK WHERE NAME = 'dbo.VendTransaction'">
    >>> [2007-07-16 17:02:26 EDT] <Thread-1> unable to find primary key
    >>> value for dbo.VendTransaction
    >>> [2007-07-16 17:02:26 EDT] <Thread-1>
    >>> com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCAdaptorException:
    >>> EvaluateExpression failed:
    >>> <com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.SybasePlugIn$SybaseExpression:
    >>> "UPDATE EO_PK_TABLE SET PK = PK WHERE NAME =
    >>> 'dbo.VendTransaction'">:
    >>> Next exception:SQL State:42000 -- error code: 208 -- msg:
    >>> EO_PK_TABLE not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to
    >>> check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of
    >>> output).
    >>>
    >>> at com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCContext._jdbcErrorWithChannel
    >>> (JDBCContext.java:138)
    >>> at com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCChannel._evaluateExpression
    >>> (JDBCChannel.java:310)
    >>> at com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCChannel.evaluateExpression
    >>> (JDBCChannel.java:261)
    >>> at com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCPlugIn.newPrimaryKeys
    >>> (JDBCPlugIn.java:561)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCChannel.primaryKeysForNewRowsWithEnti
    >>> ty(JDBCChannel.java:537)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseContext._batchNewPrimaryKeysWithEn
    >>> tity(EODatabaseContext.java:5900)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseContext.prepareForSaveWithCoordina
    >>> tor(EODatabaseContext.java:5883)
    >>> at
    >>> com.webobjects.eocontrol.EOObjectStoreCoordinator.saveChangesInEditi