Re: Converting woa to eclipse, have the strangest of errors...

From: Joshua Archer (joshu..dl.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 18:36:04 EDT

    On Jul 17, 2007, at 3:04 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

    >> REALLY STUPID QUESTION: Where is the launcher?
    >
    > Choose Run... under the Run menu. That will probably be an eye
    > opener. :-) Check the classpath tab.

    OH HEY! LOOK AT THAT! :)

    >> I'm just using the Package explorer to run the app. What file
    >> should I delete?
    >
    > You should only need to do that once per project. Use the run icon
    > (green arrow) or debug icon (green bug) after that. Or the Run menu.

    That's what I get for not RTFM and just clicking at buttons, eh?

    >>> Which "project settings"?
    >>
    >> Sorry, not being precise in my language. I meant the Properties
    >> settings for 'WOLips Build'
    >>
    >> <Picture 1.png>
    >
    > That looks OK, assuming your Application.java is not in a package.

    Looks like the Application.java *is* in a package:

    package org.nmc.pachyderm.authoring;

    Guess I should pull that, and move Application.java to the default
    package?

    >>> Your classpath is messed up. pxfoundation.jar is on it twice.
    >>> Once installed and once in a local project?
    >>
    >> I'll take a look as to what's going on. PXFoundation is a local
    >> project I use, and I've also added the project to the classpath,
    >> and there's a link to the jar in /Library/Frameworks.
    >
    > The jar or the .framework?

    I had added the jar to the build path in the 'Libraries' tab, and the
    framework to the "required projects on the build path" under
    Projects. I've removed them from the latter, and things are moving
    along differently now...

    >> Which is the preferred location? I thought this worked before, but
    >> maybe I 'fixed' something and broke it in the process :).
    >
    > Both together, when things are working right. But I think we can
    > discount that for now. :-)

    We'll get there :).

    >>> You have installed or moved something. Again, check Java
    >>> Extensions. Is the Application in a package? Is that
    >>> information getting built into the .woa?
    >>
    >> No doubt that's what I've done. The application is set up as a
    >> WonderApplication, imported from an old XCode project from
    >> subversion. Application.java is a class in the application,
    >> subclassing WOApplication.java
    >>
    >> I'll look around and see if I'm duplicating my listings of jars/
    >> frameworks, and report.
    >
    > Yeah, I am not too sure what is going on. I am guess some classpath
    > badness somewhere.
    >
    > Chuck

    I've gone through my tree, and cleaned up the paths a bit. My errors
    have now shifted to a new place in the code, so that's success. Now
    to debug farther down the chain :).

    Thanks for the help,

    Joshua

    -----
    Joshua Archer
    Software Engineer, CSU - Center for Distributed Learning
    Phone: 707.664.2085, Fax: 707.664.4350
    -----