Re: Converting woa to eclipse, have the strangest of errors...

From: Joshua Archer (joshu..dl.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 19:15:45 EDT

    On Jul 17, 2007, at 3:40 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

    >>> That looks OK, assuming your Application.java is not in a package.
    >>
    >> Looks like the Application.java *is* in a package:
    >>
    >> package org.nmc.pachyderm.authoring;
    >>
    >> Guess I should pull that, and move Application.java to the default
    >> package?
    >
    > Having classes in the default package is just a Bad Idea. I don't
    > know how that setting got out of synch with reality, but that is at
    > least part of your problem. Add the package in there.

    So wait, Application.java *should* be in a package? I'll add it back in.

    >> I had added the jar to the build path in the 'Libraries' tab, and
    >> the framework to the "required projects on the build path" under
    >> Projects. I've removed them from the latter, and things are moving
    >> along differently now...
    >
    > Um, no. You should check / select the framework in the WebObjects
    > Frameworks library and add the project in Eclipse to Required
    > Projects.

    That's what I meant to say. I added the projects to the Required
    Projects, and I checked the frameworks in the WebObjects Frameworks
    library, which appears to index the jars inside the frameworks.

    >> I've gone through my tree, and cleaned up the paths a bit. My
    >> errors have now shifted to a new place in the code, so that's
    >> success. Now to debug farther down the chain :).
    >>
    >> Thanks for the help,
    >
    > You are welcome, we are probably getting close.
    >
    > Chuck

    little by little. Thanks again. I'll keep you updated.

    -----
    Joshua Archer
    Software Engineer, CSU - Center for Distributed Learning
    Phone: 707.664.2085, Fax: 707.664.4350
    -----