Re: WoLips and display groups

From: Thomas (webobject..oomeranet.com.au)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2007 - 15:43:55 EDT

    On 21/07/2007, at 2:31, Chuck Hill wrote:

    > On Jul 20, 2007, at 9:11 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >
    >> This is only a problem for people who are using EOGenericRecord vs
    >> generating Java files. If you have Java classes for your EO's,
    >> the WOLips editor will already provide code completion. I'll have
    >> to think about this some ...
    >>
    >> How many people actually use just base EOGenericRecord without
    >> generated Java (and why, out of curiosity)?
    >
    > Yes, why oh why would you use an EOGenericRecord for anything by
    > anonymous join tables?
    >

    > Chuck

    Because, in XCode / EOModeler / WO Builder, it works and does not
    require any extra effort.

    In the project I am converting to WOLips, there are many hundreds of
    EO entities. I do not need Java classes for more than half of them,
    so I don't have them.

    I know you are going to tell me to use EOGenerator to automatically
    generate classes for all entities. But I don't yet know how to do
    that, and it doesn't seem right to me that a newcomer to WOLips can't
    make an error-free project without having to learn many arcane (and
    not strictly necessary) tools.

    Thomas