Re: moving a project from XCode

From: Timmy (list..hetimmy.com)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2007 - 18:07:51 EDT

    On Jul 23, 2007, at 2:57 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

    > On Jul 23, 2007, at 2:50 PM, Timmy wrote:
    >
    >> WOers:
    >>
    >> OK, I'm trying a migration from XCode again. I was reading the
    >> tutorial
    >
    > Which tutorial? Where? Links count!

    My bad. This one:

    http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Import+an+Xcode
    +project+into+WOLips

    >> about importing an XCode project into Eclipse/WOLips. It says that
    >> you can build your own organization of files and try to mimic how
    >> XCode organizes resources and WebServerResources, etc. So, I've
    >> done that. I've created a folder in my project called Resources
    >> and WebServerResources for properties and css, etc.
    >>
    >> When I run, the build product represented in the project seems to
    >> have exactly what it should in the right places -- the css is in
    >> WebServerResources and the properties file is in Resources, etc.
    >> However, the css isn't represented and the stuff in the properties
    >> file is ignored. Only when I move these out to the root of the
    >> project do they work even though they seem properly placed in the
    >> build.
    >>
    >> Is this something that I'll just need to get used to and put all
    >> of these extra resources in the root of my project?
    >
    > You have done something wrong.

    Not surprising - but not clear how either. :-) After I moved all of
    my files per the tutorial I right-clicked on the project to make new
    folders called "Resources" and "WebServerResources." I placed the css
    in the latter and the properties file in the former to mirror the way
    they would have been organized in XCode.

    I think what is confusing to me is that, even if I have done it
    wrong, these files seem to be properly placed in the build product
    but are not used by the application at runtime.

    Thanks,

    Tim