Re: Cross-model relationships and Entity Modeler

From: Thomas (webobject..oomeranet.com.au)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2007 - 01:20:33 EDT

    Lachlan,

    thanks for the rapid response.

    I have updated Eclipse to 3.2.2, plus any other updates it offered
    including some Mac Goodies. The Entity Modeler and other WOLips
    plugins are still the same.

    The connection dictionary is loaded at run time from the launch
    arguments, so the dictionary in the model itself shouldn't matter.
    However, it is valid, because EOModeler can fetch and display the
    database contents. I'm not sure how else I can verify it.

    I have tried Chuck's suggestion of a model group.

    All of this has not changed the problem with the missing models. I
    know that Entity Modeler knows about the other models because it
    checks the others for validity when opening one model.

    I have set up a brand new project with two models created in Entity
    Modeler, and the cross-model relationship is working. I now realise
    that at one stage this was also working in my migrated framework.

    Now I have a new problem. In all of my Eclipse projects, the WO
    Frameworks folder does not appear. CLosing and opening the projects
    and quitting and relaunching Eclipse does not fix this. So I can't
    track down my theory that a lack of prototypes in the framework may
    be the cause. Any ideas how to get the frameworks back?

    Thomas