Re: Cross-model relationships and Entity Modeler

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2007 - 01:51:03 EDT

    On 27/07/2007, at 3:20 PM, Thomas wrote:

    > I have updated Eclipse to 3.2.2, plus any other updates it offered
    > including some Mac Goodies. The Entity Modeler and other WOLips
    > plugins are still the same.
    >
    > The connection dictionary is loaded at run time from the launch
    > arguments, so the dictionary in the model itself shouldn't matter.
    > However, it is valid, because EOModeler can fetch and display the
    > database contents. I'm not sure how else I can verify it.

    Except that you said it was connecting to the wrong database - so
    perhaps your dictionary is not being applied at launch time as you
    thought.

    > I have tried Chuck's suggestion of a model group.
    >
    > All of this has not changed the problem with the missing models. I
    > know that Entity Modeler knows about the other models because it
    > checks the others for validity when opening one model.
    >
    > I have set up a brand new project with two models created in Entity
    > Modeler, and the cross-model relationship is working. I now realise
    > that at one stage this was also working in my migrated framework.

    Fair enough. Tiring as it may be it might be worth doing 'em fresh in
    Entity Modeler. There might be some left over stuff in there that's
    confusing things.

    > Now I have a new problem. In all of my Eclipse projects, the WO
    > Frameworks folder does not appear. CLosing and opening the projects
    > and quitting and relaunching Eclipse does not fix this.

    Hmmm, the following's slightly out of date it seems.
    http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Add+a+Framework
    +Dependency

    1. Right-click project > Build Path > Configure Build Path... > Java
    Build Path
    2. Choose Libraries Tab [1]
    3. if you see WO Frameworks skip to 4. Otherwise...
            a) click Add Library...
            b) select WebObjects Frameworks
            c) click next and verify the selection
    4. select WO Frameworks and click the Edit... button.

    [1] Alternative to adding your custom frameworks in the above dialog
    is to add any custom frameworks' projects to the Projects tab under
    Java Build Path.

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck