Re: Cross-model relationships and Entity Modeler

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2007 - 07:25:13 EDT

    > EOModeler (some versions anyway) had a habit of leaving some
    > unsavory things in the plist files. Some of which Entity Modeler
    > can't make sense of. That could explain this.
    For what it's worth, this should NEVER be true. If it is, I would
    like to see the models so I can fix the bug in EM ... We should be
    able to open and load any thing EOModeler does.

    > I have an odd setup. Mike said so. :-) You may too. It sounds
    > to me like Entity Modeler is having trouble finding all the
    > models. WOLips has a solution for this. Under File - New you will
    > find an EOModelGroup. Create one of those and add (references to)
    > the five models and any EOPrototype models needed. Save it and
    > then open this model group with Entity Modeler. That fixed the
    > problem for me. Just remember to never open the model directly,
    > always open the model group.
    Not being able to find other models would be my first guess, but then
    it would have complained at load time about not being able to resolve
    dependencies. If possible, it would be useful if you could send me
    two projects with the models in them so I can load them in mine for
    debugging. If that's an NDA issue, I understand, but it's pretty
    hard to debug without that.

    ms