Re: [partially solved] Re: Cross-model relationships and Entity Modeler

From: Thomas (webobject..oomeranet.com.au)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2007 - 14:39:21 EDT

    Just a display bug! (...sound of wild histrionics...)

    Being new to Eclipse, I spent nearly a day trying to track down a
    still unresolved database fetch problem. Most of that time was spent
    trying to fix models that were not broken, but appeared to be be
    broken in Entity Modeler.

    I very much look forward to when I can safely use 3.3.

    By the way, here is the cross-model relationship fetch problem. The
    first attempt, which I have used before, results in SQL that says the
    related entity is in the same database, which of course fails:

    EOUtilities.objectsWithQualifierFormat(session().defaultEditingContext
    (), "CMSNotice", "toNoticeType.title = .., new NSArray("Page
    Template"));

    But if I do it with in-memory filtering it works:

                 NSArray notices = EOUtilities.objectsForEntityNamed(session
    ().defaultEditingContext(), "CMSNotice");
                 return EOQualifier.filteredArrayWithQualifier(array,
    EOQualifier.qualifierWithQualifierFormat("toNoticeType.title = ..,
    new NSArray( "Page Template")));

    I still don't understand why the former doesn't work, but I have
    found a workaround and still have a great deal to learn about Eclipse
    before I get productive again, so I will move on...

    Thomas