https and WO

From: Aaron Hipple (aaro..cdsp.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2007 - 12:40:55 EDT

    Hello all,

    I have a NOOB question, that may not have much at all to do with WO.
    However, I am trying to get my WO projects to work securely over
    https on my Mac OS X 10.4 development machine. I can test my WO
    projects (and the Chap4App example from Practical WebObjects) fine on
    http. I have set up the certificates on my machine so I can browse
    to https://localhost or https://127.0.0.1 (I followed instructions at
    http://developer.apple.com/internet/serverside/modssl.html).

    But, when I try to follow a secure WOHyperlink in the Chap4App
    example program, I get the following error:

    cant open page "https://computer-name.local:443/cgi-bin/
    WebObjects/..." because it couldn't establish a secure connection to
    the server computer-name.local

    So I am guessing it has something to do with the fact that computer-
    name.local is not the same thing as localhost. But, where do I
    address this issue, in my httpd.conf or in the WO project? Also,
    what about the port number? I cannot bind my WOPort to 443, is there
    somewhere else I have to make the connection between the port WO is
    running on and the secure port 443?

    TIA, Apologies if this is not the proper place to address this issue.

    Aaron