Help with EOGenerator - Windows XP Development

From: Peter Thompson (peter.thompso..unthered.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2007 - 23:43:00 EDT

    I am having problems getting EOGenerator (v1.7 from Rubicode) working
    with my PC.

    I am using eclipse 3.2 and WOLips (latest stable version). I can create
    an EOModel OK (which verifies), I can successfully generate SQL to
    create tables etc... and can build and run WO projects generally. I
    cannot generate Java classes with EOGenerator from the model and need
    some help.

    I have configured WOLips EOGenerator options as follows:

    > Executable Path = D:\\dev\\apps\\eogenerator\\eogenerator.exe
    > Template Folder = D:\\dev\\apps\\eogenerator\\Templates
    > Java Template = JavaSourceEOF52.eotemplate
    > Subclass Java Template = JavaSubclassSourceEOF5.eotemplate

    The top two are correct paths (escaped) to EOGenerator.

    I can right click my model, use "WOLips Tools" option to "Create EO
    Generator File" OK - generated file (Authors.eogen) as follows:
    D:\\dev\\apps\\eogenerator\\eogenerator.exe -destination src -java
    -javaTemplate JavaSourceEOF52.eotemplate -model D:Authors.eomodeld
    -packagedirs -subclassDestination src -subclassJavaTemplate
    JavaSubclassSourceEOF5.eotemplate -templatedir
    ../../apps/eogenerator/Templates -verbose

    However, when I right-click this eogen file, and choose to
    "EOGenerate...", an "EOGenerator finished with the following results"
    window pops up with

    > D:\dev\workspace\Authors\Authors.eogen:
    > Finished.

    i.e. I do not get any generated class files messages (as expected), and
    nothing appears to be generated. Then within Eclipse the eogen file
    shows a red-cross as if something is wrong with it.

    Another avenue... I have tried to run it on the Windows command line but
    get a pop-up exception saying "This application has failed to start
    because the EOAccess.dll was not found. re-installing the application
    may fix this problem".

    Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Peter Thompson