Re: Permissions for WOLips Ant Tools=>Install

From: Kieran Kelleher (kieran_list..ac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 13:57:47 EDT

    David,

    Eclipse is launched and running as your own login name (say 'david'),
    but on a regular install david does not have write access to that
    dir. Since this is your own development machine, not a server, just
    loosen up the permissions so anyone using your development machine
    (usually only yourself) can write to that dir

    So ...

    $ sudo chmod -R 777 /Library/WebObject/Applications

    will give any user on your machine write access to that dir.

    Personally, I have one script that I execute using sudo which builds/
    installs locally and then copies to servers and sets permissions/
    owership automatically at destination ... this depends on ssh dsa
    keypair access to remote servers for my root account (since I am
    using sudo for the whole script)

    HTH, Kieran