Re: Permissions for WOLips Ant Tools=>Install

From: Pascal Robert (prober..s.ca)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 14:06:23 EDT

    Le 07-08-01 à 13:57, Kieran Kelleher a écrit :

    > David,
    >
    > Eclipse is launched and running as your own login name (say
    > 'david'), but on a regular install david does not have write access
    > to that dir. Since this is your own development machine, not a
    > server, just loosen up the permissions so anyone using your
    > development machine (usually only yourself) can write to that dir
    >
    > So ...
    >
    > $ sudo chmod -R 777 /Library/WebObject/Applications

    777, the brother of the evil 666 ? It's better to change the group
    of /Library/WebObject/Applications to a group where your user
    belong. For example, all of our devs are in the "wodev" group, so we
    do the following :

    # sudo chgrp -R wodev /Library/WebObject/Applications
    # sudo chgrp -R wodev /Library/WebServer/Documents/WebObjects
    # sudo chgrp -R wodev /Library/Frameworks
    # sudo chmod -R g+s,g+w /Library/WebObject/Applications
    # sudo chmod -R g+s,g+w /Library/WebServer/Documents/WebObjects
    # sudo chmod -R g+s,g+w /Library/Frameworks

    Add your account to the wodev group, et voilà.