Re: WOComponents, Packages, and Protected variables.

From: Guido Neitzer (list..vent-s.net)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2007 - 11:58:32 EDT

    On 16.08.2007, at 08:59, David Avendasora wrote:

    > This idea intrigues me. Can you explain further? Would this be a
    > good "Best Practice" to follow?

    No, it's probably not good practice as other developers might see
    your component and aks "What the he...?".

    It is because I'm lazy, I don't want to have tons of simple things
    lying around in my classes (the less code the better) and that's it.

    For the usage:

    I have an NSMutableDictionary called "dynamicBindings" on the
    superclass of all my components. I use it mostly for the "item"
    binding in repetitions, but also, when I calculate strings or other
    values somewhere and only use them to display them somewhere in the
    HTML. There are tons of different usage scenarios, if your
    comfortable with Key-Value-Coding, you'll get used to some of them
    and will use them. Or not. Or whatever.

    cug