Re: WOComponents, Packages, and Protected variables.

From: Guido Neitzer (list..vent-s.net)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2007 - 13:17:37 EDT

    On 16.08.2007, at 11:05, Chuck Hill wrote:

    > Better sit down. I agree with you. :-) Though not so much for
    > "type is good" but "API is good". Having all this in a dictionary
    > hides the API. The binding validation is a valuable side
    > effect ;-) and this _is_ Java so you might as well benefit from the
    > type system.

    Perhaps you think, I go too far - but I'm not doing that. I don't use
    that as an API replacement, I use it only for stuff, that is used
    ONLY in this one component. Like, when I calculate a lot of stuff for
    a "dashboard" page or something I'll might end up with lots of Number
    and String objects I want to show and often I put them into the dict.
    But they are not used anywhere outside and I don't go so far to push
    values from outside into that dictionary (like overriding
    takeValueForKey and valueForKey and putting stuff in there or so) ...

    cug