Re: MS SQL Server Ordering (redux)

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2007 - 18:02:05 EDT

    This is probably more a question for the Wonder list.

    On Aug 23, 2007, at 2:21 PM, David Avendasora wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've had great success with an update to ERExtensions.Framework
    > that Chuck Hill wrote to force MS SQL Server to correctly sequence
    > database writes to avoid foreign-key problems, _until_ I rolled it
    > into production.
    >
    > For some reason it doesn't seem to be using the ERExtensions code.
    > This is the only function I am using in ERExtensions I've double-
    > and triple-checked to be sure that I cam using the
    > ERExtensions.Framework that he sent me and not one directly from
    > Wonder (maybe he has rolled his changes into the current version,
    > but I don't know).

    Yes, this is in Wonder - though maybe not the version you are using.
    I remember adding some bug fixes that I may not have committed yet.

    > It works great on my Mac I use for development, but when I deploy
    > it to the Windows server (A SSDD Deployment to Tomcat) it doesn't
    > seem to use it at all.

    My first guess is that regular WO apps and WO apps deployed as
    servlets start up differently. I load mine in main:

         public static void main(String argv[])
         {
             ERXDatabaseContextMulticastingDelegate.addDefaultDelegate
    (new ERXEntityDependencyOrderingDelegate());
             WOApplication.main(argv, Application.class);
         }

    If you are loading it here, or someplace else that does not get
    called at startup, that would explain why it is not working.

    Chuck