Re: Leave a framework from install

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2007 - 19:38:19 EDT

    On Aug 27, 2007, at 4:19 PM, Guido Neitzer wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > I have to admit that I'm a total ant newbie ... so, is there a way
    > of doing an install from Eclipse / ant where I have two different
    > application targets, one of them including a specific framework,
    > the other not?

    This is ant, there are several ways to do this. Most of them require
    some non-linear thinking. Here is my first thought:

    In the build.xml, frameworks are included by Ant commands like this
    (yours may differ somewhat):

    <frameworks root="${wo.wolocalroot}" embed="true">
         <patternset>
             <includesfile name="woproject/ant.frameworks.wo.wolocalroot"/>
         </patternset>
    </frameworks>

    See the docs for frameworkset: http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/
    display/WOL/WOProject-FrameworkSet

    So one way is to duplicate the build.woapp task and add

    <include name="MySpecial.framework"/>

    to the above. But then you end up duplicating a lot of other tasks.
    So I would try this:

    <frameworks root="${wo.wolocalroot}" embed="true">
         <patternset>
             <includesfile name="woproject/ant.frameworks.wo.wolocalroot"/>
         </patternset>
         <include name="${special.framework}"/>
    </frameworks>

    then you can do
    ant -Dspecial.framework=MySpecial.framework install

    or

    ant install

    if you don't want the framework. I am not sure if that will produce
    an error or not. If so, you could try one of :

    ant -Dspecial.framework= install
    ant -Dspecial.framework="" install
    ant -Dspecial.framework=JavaWebObjects.framework install

    Chuck