Re: [Wonder-disc] WOLips Entity Modeler Stored Procedure definition errors

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2007 - 14:13:04 EDT

    I don't understand why this is breaking for only two arguments ... I
    understand why it would break for 10+, but only 2 is really strange.
    The code for executing a stored procedure just sorts by the column
    name. Oh well. Please log a bug for this in the wolips bug system.

    On Aug 28, 2007, at 1:06 PM, Anil Bajaj wrote:

    > Hi Mike,
    >
    > Actually it looks like the order of the arguments in the file
    > doesn't matter as much. The code that reads the file probably puts
    > the arguments in the right order, unless the column #'s don't have
    > the leading 0's. I fixed the order by hand and I still had the
    > same problem. Then I inserted the leading 0's and it all worked
    > fine. After that I also switch the order around in the file and it
    > all worked, so the 0's definitely seem to make a difference.
    >
    > If I explicitly type in the leading 0's in Entity Modeler, it fixes
    > the problem temporarily, but the next time, after the file is read
    > and re-saved, it loses the leading 0's.
    >
    > Anil
    >
    > On Aug 28, 2007, at 4:13 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >
    >> This should be on the wolips list, not the wonder list -- CCing
    >> over there.
    >>
    >> Did you compare this to the ORIGINAL model prior to opening in
    >> Entity Modeler? It looks like it's actually the order of the
    >> arguments in the saved file that is wrong. I would expect
    >> "returnValue" to be first in the list (0), then "modelID" (1). Is
    >> it possible you saved then in Entity Modeler, which maybe messed
    >> up the order, then reopened it in EOModeler and saved and it was
    >> already wrong by that point? Or is the EOModeler one the original
    >> version?
    >>
    >> ms
    >>
    >> On Aug 27, 2007, at 5:59 PM, Anil Bajaj wrote:
    >>
    >>> We are using WO with MS SQL Server and use a few Stored
    >>> Procedures in our application. After building our application
    >>> under Eclipse/WOLips we noticed that the order of arguments for
    >>> our Stored Procedure calls is different than the column #'s as
    >>> specified in the model.
    >>>
    >>> The .storedProcedure file generated by WOLips Entity Modeler
    >>> differs from the one generated by Apple's EOModeler. In the one
    >>> generate by EOModeler, the column #'s (specified in the column
    >>> name attribute) have leading 0's:
    >>>
    >>> {
    >>> arguments = (
    >>> {
    >>> allowsNull = Y;
    >>> columnName = 001;
    >>> externalType = int;
    >>> name = modelID;
    >>> parameterDirection = 1;
    >>> precision = 10;
    >>> valueClassName = NSNumber;
    >>> valueType = i;
    >>> },
    >>> {
    >>> columnName = 000;
    >>> externalType = int;
    >>> name = returnValue;
    >>> parameterDirection = 2;
    >>> precision = 10;
    >>> valueClassName = NSNumber;
    >>> valueType = l;
    >>> }
    >>> );
    >>> externalName = "st_Calc_Model_Trade_Area";
    >>> name = stCalcModelTradeArea;
    >>> }
    >>>

    >>> While the one generated by Entity Modeler, has no leading 0's:
    >>>
    >>> {
    >>> arguments = (
    >>> {
    >>> allowsNull = Y;