Comparing attributes in related objects

From: Lachlan Scott (lachlan.scot..unthered.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2007 - 16:05:38 EDT

    To meet a client requirement, we want to traverse the object graph and
    compare attributes of related entities.

    Specifically, we want to select a user's last-used credit card. User has
    to-many relationship CreditCards to CreditCard. CreditCard has a
    timestamp recording its last use. We wish to compare the timestamps and
    select the last-used CreditCard.

    So the credit cards are available through the relationship, and we could
    fix this by spooging stuff into standard Java, or even adding flags into
    the model; but these don't feel right, and we imagine it is the sort of
    thing WO would provide a mechanism for.

    Does anyone have any suggestions about which classes we might be able to
    use, here?

    Many thanks

    Lachlan

    --