Re: log4J Initializing

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2007 - 14:27:02 EDT

    On Sep 5, 2007, at 11:20 AM, David Avendasora wrote:

    > On Sep 5, 2007, at 12:33 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:
    >

    >> On Sep 5, 2007, at 10:01 AM, David Avendasora wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yep. Has the little "R". That was actually the last thing I did
    >>> before posting the question!
    >>>
    >>> So, it looks like maybe it _is_ how I'm initializing log4j then.
    >>> Here's what I have in the Application() constructor:
    >>>
    >>> URL configURL = resourceManager().pathURLForResourceNamed
    >>> ("log4j.xml", null, null);
    >>> NSLog.out.appendln("Initializing log4j from " + configURL.toString
    >>> ());
    >>> DOMConfigurator.configure(configURL);
    >>
    >> That code is correct. Is the app constructor getting executed?
    >> How are you running this in Eclipse? As a WebObjects Application?
    >
    > Yep, Run As... WOApplication.

    Sounds like your run configuration is wrong. I'd guess that it is
    using com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication for the application class.

    How did you set this up? Right click on your Application.java and
    select Run As.... WOApplication?

    >>> For what it's worth, I'm not seeing the "Initializing log4j
    >>> from..." show up in the Eclipse console either, so maybe it's not
    >>> even getting called? Am I missing something really fundamental?
    >>
    >> Try a System.out to see if you get any output.
    >
    > Nope, no output from: System.out.println("Initializing log4j from "
    > + configURL.toString());
    > either.
    >
    > I guess Application() is not being called. Is there someplace else
    > that this would need to go for a servlet application?

    That may be the case for deployment, that is not relevant (AFIAK) for
    launching from Eclipse.

    Chuck