Re: Eclipse 3.3.1 .... and stuff

From: Thomas (webobject..oomeranet.com.au)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2007 - 06:26:26 EDT

    Mike,

    this is so tantalising. The biggest thing I am missing from WO
    Builder is the way you can see, in a semi-2d way, which components
    are contained in which, what the conditionals are, what the strings
    are, and so on. Your new previewer is heading in that direction. In
    my excitement, here are the things I'd like to see next:

    - some sort of box around the block elements, and the ability to
    click on them to select them (yes, just like WO builder) so you can
    scroll to the end of that one and see what's next

    - hover over a component and see all its bindings (OK, you're going
    to tell me to use inline bindings?)

    - click on an element and go to the component editor with that
    component highlighted

    - tables. Yes, tables! Despite the trendy hatred of tables, the W3C
    tells us there are times when tables are absolutely right: for
    example, a table of data! And being able to see the heading straight
    above the cell you are editing is very useful.

    I was going to say more, but opening a moderately complex component
    in preview soaked 100% CPU in Eclipse, and it still hasn't finished.
    I think I'll kill it...

    Good on you, Mike! You are awesome! You just keep making it better
    and better!

    Regards
    Thomas