Re: Eclipse 3.3.1 .... and stuff

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2007 - 09:40:28 EDT

    Hey Jerry ... Yeah, I actually use Xyle as well, and it's a cool
    app. The major difference is that we often don't end up with an
    actual valid page (in HTML terms) via static analysis alone. To
    clarify, when I say "static analysis," I mean that we don't have a
    runtime, so we have to try to construct a page purely from looking at
    your bindings and structure outside of the context of real data.
    Straight visualization of an HTML + CSS editor is relatively
    "easy" (which is not to say it's ACTUALLY easy, just easy because
    there are several existing apps that do it), but when you throw in
    conditionals and repetitions, things get nasty really fast. A good
    example is that <tr> example I mentioned earlier ... I'm definitely
    trying to steal concepts from whomever I can, though :)

    ms