Re: Eclipse 3.3.1 .... and stuff

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2007 - 14:34:26 EDT

    New toggleable compact view ... I can't decide if this should be the
    default or not. I need to make this a preference, probably. In the
    tests I tried, compact view ends up being about 30-40% of the
    vertical space of non-compact view. The point size of the font may
    be a little over the top, though :) (I like small fonts, but I think
    other people like to retain their vision)

    I'm also playing around with inlining "simple" WOStrings (a
    considered a simple WOString to be one with only a value and/or
    escapeHTML binding). This might be kind of handy and easier to see
    what's going on when you embed a WOString in the middle of a line.
    In a string of other text, it looks pretty good, but if you have
    another component that wraps just a WOString it looks a little weird
    in that inline-y style vs the 100% wide style. This is not enabled
    right now ...

    I also experimented with colorizing WOConditionals and WORepetitions,
    but it just comes off clowny with the color choice I tried out (hey
    -- easter!). I'm open for suggestions/opinions on this one, because
    I think differentiating WOConditionals/WORepetitions is probably
    useful. This is not enabled right now, either ...

    any other ideas for this view? I can't decide how far I want to take
    this. I tried out contenteditable = "true" on some of the divs, but
    contenteditable is just so unbounded (you can hit enter, bold/italic/
    underline, etc). I could maybe make it so that if you click on the
    bindings part, it brings up a bindings editor ala WOB, but it might
    be just as easy that it already jumps you to the right place in the
    WOD. Not sure .. still tossing around ideas.

    ms