Re: Eclipse 3.3.1 .... and stuff

From: Thomas (webobject..oomeranet.com.au)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2007 - 15:18:58 EDT

    Mike,

    let me say again what a wonderful job you are doing. You have already
    taken the component visualisation in WOLips beyond what I liked about
    WO Builder. And it looks like you are making inroads into the ability
    to visually update the component/object bindings.

    I think the first three of your questions below would become moot if
    you were to give users the ability to add their own style sheet so
    that they can override the defaults for size, colour etc.

    I very much prefer the shorter wostrings with their bindings
    displayed. That way it will make much more visual sense because it is
    shown in context, eg:

    Dear [user.firstname], your auction ended on [auction.closedate] with
    [auction.bidders..ount] bidders.

    I like the idea of differentiating components, but rather than using
    colours, why not use images? I'd be happy to develop some images, like

      and

      for wo:if and wo:not and

      for repetitions etc (gosh, they look familiar!). What format do you
    need? PNG?

    I think a bindings editor a la WO Builder would be terrific. The
    advantage of this approach is that you can look at the whole list of
    possible bindings and choose the approach you want, eg count/index or
    list/item for a repetition. And while I'm dreaming, it would be good
    if it appeared somewhere else, like in the WOD editing area, which I
    never use. And if it stayed there while you scrolled around the other
    panes, you could then compare those bindings to another component.
    Oh, and continuing the dream: you could make the bindings red when
    they are not satisfied.

    Regards
    Thomas