Re: Questions on prefs for WOComponent Editor latest WoLips

From: Q (qdola..mail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2007 - 18:08:41 EDT

    On 09/10/2007, at 3:22 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > Very cool. Thanks a lot for that ...
    >
    > So do woo entries end up just bound into the page as top level page
    > variables? As an example, if I have a display group named "Foo",
    > can I just bind displaygroup = Foo in components in the page? I
    > need to extend completion and validation to support checking these.

    If you use the displaygroup editor to create a displaygroup you also
    need to create an instance variable in your component class by the
    same name(WOBuilder would normally do this for you), and WO will
    automatically instantiate it on page creation. So from a WOD
    perspective you shouldn't need to do anything to make validation
    work. However the woo editor needs validation added to catch this,
    and all the other things that could be wrong. I just haven't had the
    time to sit down and work out how to do validation in eclipse yet.

    --
    Seeya...Q

    Quinton Dolan - qdola..mail.com Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (GMT+10) Ph: +61 419 729 806