Re: Eclipse 3.3 and entity modeler

From: Valerio Luccio (valerio.lucci..yu.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2007 - 13:36:24 EDT

    John Huss wrote:

    /Applications/Entity Modeler.app is a stand-alone executable.  You don't execute it inside Eclipse, you just double-click it and it runs.
    True, but you can chose to open up files using an external application, so much so that you can pick EOModeler.

    Mike Schrag wrote:
    ... and also the exact same codebase as Entity Modeler internal.  If you're using Eclipse, there should be basically no reason to use standalone entity modeler.  What exactly was the problem you're seeing with fetch specs?  I didn't follow.  Can you send a screenshot?
    Sure.
    Here's how it looks using Eclipse 3.2:
    Eclipse 3.2

    and this how it looks using the new stand alone Entity Modeler:
    Entity Modeler

    but with Eclipse 3.3:
    Eclipse 3.3

    You say that the standalone uses the same code as the built-in. I notice that the built-in I have does not show the "Docs" tab, does that mean I have the wrong plug-in version ? How do I verify this ? I tried the update manager.

    Thanks,

    --
    Valerio Luccio			(212) 998-8736
    Center for Brain Imaging	4 Washington Place, Room 158

            "In an open world, who needs windows or gates?"