my framework compile vs run time confusion...

From: Ian Benson (ibenso..tanford.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2007 - 16:13:43 EDT

    Hi all,

    I am new to the list, but a sometime WO developer. I am writing to ask
    for help folling an exchange on ;dap with the woproject list.

    Following Mike's instructions I have been able to get Eclipse322/wolips
    running with his tutorial projects. These do not include a database
    connector, and something in my clean install on Leopard Client seed
    is causing these drivers not to be located by EO Modeller when I fire it up.

    I assume that this is why my attempt to replicate Mike's ldap
    connection panel fails to enable to my Make Config Active button (png
    attached).

    I think that I might be able to fix this if I understood Keiran's
    note on how to position frameworks for linking and check that they are
    there at runtime. Specifically he said :

    "build tasks (not install) from the build.xml in the project (to
    make) the woa bundle in dist.

    Then physically check the .woa in the dist to ensure the frameworks
    are all there and the jar containing that missing class.

    Also check the MacOSClassPath file (**) in the woa to make sure
    classpath is correct in there ... all embedded jars from all embedded
    frameworks should be there and start with APPROOT."

    I think that I need to know
    a) Where are the compile time and the runtime(**) classpaths set?
    b) How can I set/change them?
    c) Where are 3rd party jars (like the ODBC driver) located at compile time.
    d) Will they be they copied into the runtime .woa so that it has no external
    dependencies? Or, does the deployment .woa have to run on a system
    with the wo/3rd party jar frameworks already present. If so where do
    they have to be located.

    I hope that this makes sense, and thank you in advance for your time..

    --
    Ian Benson PhD FBCS
    Founder and Chief Scientist