API Editor Suggestions

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2007 - 10:12:56 EST

    Here are some misc notes/suggestions to anyone looking to work on the
    API editor:

    * Convert org.objectstyle.wolips.bindings.api models to be backed by
    "real" state rather than be backed by XML Elements. I think they
    should probably be constructable with the XML elements, but being
    backed by a DOM just makes any real editor obnoxious to write.

    * Convert api models to fire property change events so they can
    participate in JFace Data Binding

    * Collapse API editor into a single form (remove tabs across the bottom)
    ** Move remove up to sit with the "Add" button like how it looks on
    most of this style of form in Eclipse

    ** I think the binding type can switch to be a Combo, which opens up
    that entire bottom right area

    ** Create a validation treeviewer that could go in the lower right
    that works something like the extensions editor in plugin.xml -- each
    validation would be a top level entry, and the tree represents the
    logical structure below it. Each node should only expose the
    validations that are legal to add to each point.

    * Not sure we need "Remove API File" button anymore ... Maybe a
    "Clear" button or something, though technically you should just be
    able to select all and "Remove", which should effectively clear it out.