Ramblings on Build System

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2007 - 08:56:05 EST

    Points for discussion:

    1) Why are all WO frameworks in a single classpath container? This
    seems like it makes everything needlessly complicated -- we have to
    write custom classpath ordering vs just using classpath itself and
    Eclipse built-in features. In reality, I believe each individual
    framework should be a container, so I would have
    ERExtensions.framework as an entry in my classpath. Then I can just
    reorder the frameworks with the classpath ordering tool, and this much
    more closely models how WO runtime will treat these.

    2) Do we even need ant.*? Couldn't there be an ant task ("or
    something") that loads classpath out of the Eclipse .classpath file?
    Somehow Eclipse itself does this, right?

    3) I had a third, but I don't remember it :)

    ms