Re: Ramblings on Build System

From: Pierre Frisch (pierre.frisc..pearway.com)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2007 - 11:03:25 EST

    Anjo,

    I am absolutely convinced that you need to patch the base framework,
    but I want to point a couple of things:

    1- There need to be a way to remove the patches for people that want
    to move on and use WO 5.4
    2- I would like to see a better mechanism for patching so that we all
    know what is patched and I can work on getting those patches
    incorporated in the main line.
    3- I am working on a way to shorten Apple reaction time and that will
    reduce the need for patching
    4- I am very open to rethink the bootstrap class. I would like to get
    rid of those scripts and I would like the bootstrap class to be able
    to load in a jar i.e. being able to launch a WO app by double clicking
    it and get the internal jar to load correctly. If someone wants to
    work with me on this I am more than happy to share. And yes adding
    smarted loading mechanism is a very good idea.

    Cheers

    Pierre