Re: ant.classpaths.wo.wolocalroot question

From: Pierce T. Wetter III (pierc..winforces.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 16:47:54 EST

    >> So currently, our checked in ant.classpaths.wo.wolocalroot and
    >> similar filse end up with a copy of everything in /Library/Java/
    >> Extensions.
    >
    > I don't know why those are included. That has always annoyed me as
    > it created irrelevant changes if different people have different
    > things installed on their machines.
    >

    >> One of our engineers rebuilt his woproject from scratch, and his
    >> eclipse environment recently and now those files say:
    >>
    >> "An empty file result in a full filesystem scan"
    >
    > That means, "This line is here so this is not an empty file because
    > if this file is empty it triggers a bug which scans the entire
    > filesystem". :-) I think it also means that there are no contents
    > or the contents have been determined.
    >

    >> Or they have a subset of what they used to have.
    >
    > Are they missing anything needed, or just the stray bits it likes to
    > pull in?

      It's pulling in our own frameworks, but not the /Library/Java/
    Extensions crap which is just fine. :-)

    >> So I'm guessing that there have been some upgrades to this code
    >> since our projects were created, is there a short migration guide?
    >
    > I am way back on WOLips version and this has been happening to me
    > for a year or more. Something might have just triggered WOLips to
    > rebuild those files.

       Well the real issue for me is that all of us have locally modified
    copies of ant.whatever that we never checkin for fear of breaking the
    build machine. But if WOLips has a change to NOT grab everything in /
    Library/Java/Extensions, it sounds like a good time to update the
    build machine (which uses pure ant) to the latest version of wolips.
    It would be great to not have to specifically exclude all those files
    from every checkin...

       So I guess what I'm asking is just two questions:

        1. Has WOLips been fixed to remove all those irrelevant .jar files?

        2. If so, what is the "regenerate" step I have to do?

        Piercve