Re: Slurpage

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 17:13:50 EST

    > My vote would be for Mike's version. Though his uses Entity
    > Modeler's "EOF" stack and JavaEOGenerator uses real EOF.
    Given that Entity Modeler has to support any feature of EOF going
    forward, there should be roughly feature parity between them .

    > I like the templates that Mike's uses better (Velocity) and the
    > fact that you don't need to launch an entire WO App to generate some
    > text files.
    I personally prefer the more compact syntax of Velocity. As far as
    starting a WO App, I spent several days trying to get WO 5.4 and
    JavaEOGenerator to deploy inside of wolips as a plugin (and Apple was
    kind enough to grant permission to release it), but I was never able
    to get this to behave properly. The classloaders involved in WO
    consistently fought me when combined with the already crazy
    classloading going on with OSGi plugins in Eclipse. But if someone
    can figure out a way to make this work properly, I'm certainly willing
    to take a look at it more.

    ms