Re: Slurpage

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 17:32:02 EST

    > I also don't see any advantage (or any good) of being able to
    > generate code from inside of a Java file. It might be useful to
    > have the code generation inside of Entity Modeler though. Then
    > changing an attribute name could refactor the Java code and
    > regenerate.
    I look at this quite often ... It's really really tricky to do (mainly
    BECAUSE those things are eogenerated). You never know exactly what
    dependencies exist without doing analysis on the velocity template.
    For instance, if you rename an attribute, that might change some
    constant to be NEW_NAME_KEY from NAME_KEY, but good luck figuring that
    out. You CAN, it's just not a simple feat.

    ms