Re: Slurpage

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 17:48:58 EST

    > I vote for Mike's version too because I know it will be the best,
    > will be properly integrated, it won't suck, and bugs will not linger
    > forever.
    I wouldn't go THAT far :) I think it's great that Apple wrote
    JavaEOGenerator, and theirs does have better coverage of the
    EOGenerator featureset as well as real EOF behind it (though honestly,
    I don't think you'll even be able to tell the difference). I just
    happen to prefer the other syntax, but JavaEOGen is open source, and
    if people like the WO syntax they can submit patches, etc. Bugs will
    only linger as long as people allow them to -- it's not up to Apple,
    necessarily. Without better integration, though, I think Velocity
    wins out at this point. Because it's just built in, and we had
    already worked through the issues of using Velocity inside of plugins
    for wizards, etc, I think the end-user experience is a little nicer.
    If someone/Apple can figure out a better way to launch the WO one such
    that we can package it inside of WOLips, it becomes a much stronger
    contender.

    ms