Re: Slurpage

From: Pierce T. Wetter III (pierc..winforces.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 18:11:48 EST

    On Nov 15, 2007, at 3:48 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    >> I vote for Mike's version too because I know it will be the best,
    >> will be properly integrated, it won't suck, and bugs will not
    >> linger forever.
    > I wouldn't go THAT far :)

      Mike, you rock. Deal with it. :-)

    > I think it's great that Apple wrote JavaEOGenerator, and theirs does
    > have better coverage of the EOGenerator featureset as well as real
    > EOF behind it (though honestly, I don't think you'll even be able to
    > tell the difference).

       Well, if Entity Modeler is THE way to edit EOModels given that
    Apple has sponsored it now, then having "real EOF" won't matter. If
    there's an incompatibility between EOF and Entity Modeler that leads
    to generation bugs, that's a bug in Entity Modeler (or EOF!) that will
    get fixed.

       So there's no technical reason to consider the "EOF" version as
    inherently superior to the Entity Modeler version.

       Pierce