Re: Comment/Uncomment in Properties File Editor?

From: Kieran Kelleher (kieran_list..ac.com)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 11:21:07 EST

    On Nov 16, 2007, at 11:10 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    >> I have 4 different app configurations depending on deployment
    >> scenarios and I always have to use BBEdit to bulk comment/
    >> uncomment properties in the Properties file. However I cannot find
    >> how to do this in Eclipse Properties File Editor .... is there a
    >> shortcut for that in Eclipse?
    > Sidestepping your question, you should consider using Wonder's
    > OptionalConfigurationFiles launch parameter and include just the
    > per-server config in separate properties files so you don't have to
    > play this game.
    Yes, but I have had some funny behavior with optional config files
    when changes during development cause a reload .... the startup load
    order does not seem to preserved ....... I have it on my "to do list"
    to identify exactly what is happening and submit a patch, but I just
    haven't got around to it. I need to experiment a little
    first ........ just too risky if live credit card processing gets
    turned on by accident during development due to auto-reloading of
    Properties files during development!!

    > I think there IS a properties file editor in Eclipse, but i think
    > "Properties" doesn't open with it.
    I always right-click and Open With -> Properties editor

    ......... the blue/green/black syntax coloring is much more legible
    than the text editor :-) .... for example: